TransPort Cement is seeking professionals in the following positions:
A TransPort Cement driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of cement and other related products to our customers in both rural and urban environments in all weather conditions.
The driver position is at the Heavy Physical Demand level and requires frequent climbing in and out of the truck, frequent ascending and descending of ladders/stairs along with:
- Thorough DOT Pre- and Post-trip Inspections – which include raising and lowering of the hood.
- Carefully reading and understanding the Delivery Ticket to ensure the correct product is delivered to the right location.
- Driving to the customer’s site, unloading the cement, fly ash, etc., and then driving back to the origin several times a day; using both manual and automatic transmissions. Driving time for each load can vary.
- Walking, climbing and standing on uneven, muddy or frozen job sites in both daylight and after dark. Lifting, carrying and attaching large hose extensions to the truck – often on difficult terrain.
- Communicating effectively with customers and dispatch while representing the company in a professional manner.
- Keeping the truck in clean condition. Performing other work as assigned by management including shoveling, sweeping or cleaning.
A driver is required to possess a Class A CDL, as well as maintain a current medical certificate.
.INTERESTED?Fill out the Career Inquiry Form today!
- Manages the daily operation of the dispatch office along with scheduling the start up and shut down of plant, drivers and trucks.
- Coordinates daily workload with customer personnel.
- Maintains good working relationship with the customer and area personnel.
- Understands, implements and maintains the correct mix of assets to ensure customers needs are met.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of records, reports and sales. Responsible for achieving efficiency goals and measures.
- Manages the daily operations of the dispatch including overseeing the work of maintenance, managing the truck fleet and directing drivers to and from the job sites.
- Properly maintains time records of hourly employees supervised, including the starting and ending of jobs.
- Timely and correctly oversees the delivery of cement and/or materials to customers.
- Actively participates in the selling of cement and bulk hauling related services by visiting customers and potential customers.
- Ensures customers are satisfied with product(s) by handling problems, visiting job sites to ensure a smooth running operation, educating customers on the workings of the fleet, assisting with job specification, etc.
- Encourages a positive working relationship between the operation and area personnel to ensure customers’ jobs are serviced according to job specifications. Maintains appropriate discipline and compliance with all applicable MMC rules and policies. Conducts employee performance reviews, hires employees and administers discipline as needed.
- Encourages a positive working relationship with customers to ensure their jobs are properly serviced including the selling of products.
- Directs the customer in the products needed to meet the job’s required specifications.
- Accurately ensures all orders, deliveries and materials inventories for the area are recorded.
- Efficiently schedules drivers, properly uses the fleet to meet the demands of customers.
- Communicates daily to the management problems encountered with customers, area personnel, equipment and any matters relating to the operation of the business.
- Oversees the ordering of cement and fly ash.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by higher management.
.INTERESTED? Fill out the Career Inquiry Form today!
This position involves computerized dispatching of bulk trucks to and from various locations. It also includes working with customers to provide efficient services and customer satisfaction, while also establishing good employee relations with bulk drivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ship orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Notify manager in event of over bookings, truck or plant problems, or delays. All customer service complaints must be filed on the complaint forms and given to the manager as soon as possible, or communicated verbally.
- Notify the manager if an order is far exceeding the original amount or significantly cut.
- Manage driver lunch times.
- Move trucks to other plants to ensure most efficient use of assets.
- Work with customers to adjust truck demand to meet proper delivery rate.
- Make call-outs for the next day.
- Enter missing truck, tracking time as they happen or later in the day as time allows.
- Keep close track of walk-offs, vacations and sick leaves to avoid running short of personnel.
- Make calls for orders as time permits or as availability deems possible.
- Extensive knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Good computer skills and general knowledge of dispatch software.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers and be an effective problem solver.
- Make good judgment calls when under pressure.
- Read and understand maps.
- Read, write and speak English.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Customer contact may result in stressful situations.
- Extensive radio and phone communication.
- Some long hours may be required as business deems necessary.
- Possible early morning start times according to the season or weather demands.
- This position involves working in an office atmosphere throughout the year.
INTERESTED? Fill out the Career Inquiry Form today!